Thursday, August 5, 2010

Toxic Sludge or Potpourri?

"One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri!" ~ the Grinch
   Inspiration comes in odd places... I was in Lubbock today and overheard a small part of a conversation. Someone was saying to enjoy it while it lasts. Growing up isn't all that fun... I'm pretty sure that no matter what stage of life we are in, somebody somewhere would trade us places. What a great reminder to be thankful for the circumstances we are in.
   Something I'm learning, slow as it may be, our attitudes make the difference in our circumstances. I just finished a book called "Tuesdays With Morrie" about a man with Lou Gehrig's disease. Instead of crawling into a rut of self-pity, he decided to accept it and make the best of it. He did his best to get the best out of life, and even in the face of death to live to the fullest. What stuns me is to the best of my knowledge he did this without Christ as his Savior. It made me realize that if a man not looking forward to a hope of an eternity with our Lord and Savior (from what I observed from the comments in the book) could get that much out of life, how much more should we with the great hope we possess live our lives to the fullest no matter what our circumstances may be.
   lol this is very much easier said than done. Some days its a battle to keep the right attitude, but it can make all the difference.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:12,13

No comments:

Post a Comment