Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today

   I was looking at different things on Facebook and I ran across the quote: "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans." I don't know who said it but it seemed very accurate with the way life happens. It's easy just to let life happen to you instead of taking it and doing something with it. There is a great idea from the movie The Dead Poet's Society where the teacher talks about "sucking the marrow out of life." I love quotes like that. They make me want to go and change the world. The crazy thing is that those thoughts usually last for a short while and then life starts happening again without doing much with it.
   We're not promised tomorrow, but we can do so much with today. I keep thinking that we can accomplish so much more if we are willing to give our best to God. There's a verse in Colossians that tells us to work as if working for the Lord and not for men. The reality of that is we are working for the Lord. Each day we live is a day in service to Him. I know there are more than a few of my days that didn't look much like service, but if I use those to teach me the lessons I can learn and keep striving to build so that my days are what they need to be even the wasted days can have a purpose to them. So what will we do with today?

"This is the day which the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment