Thursday, August 26, 2010

Count Blessings, Change Perspective

  Helen Keller once said, "Life is either a daring adventure or it's nothing." What a great thought! And this coming from a woman who lost both her ability to see and to hear. She overcame the odds and did not listen to the excuses she could have used.
   Sometimes it's easy to get focused on what we are going through in the moment and we forget to see the bigger picture and to count our blessings. How blessed we are though! It amazes me how remembering the good things God has blessed me with can change my whole perspective on life. There are moments when I just want to wallow in my self-pity. And there are times I do wallow. It's amazing how miserable I feel during those moments. What amazes me even more is what happens when I start being thankful for things, even if I don't feel like being thankful at that moment. That small change in attitude though can make the whole difference in my day, and is a wonderful blessing.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." ~Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment