Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Catch Happiness

"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." ~Benjamin Franklin

I love this idea about happiness. We were talking in our devo tonight about attitude and how its a choice. What a freeing thought: we are not controlled by our circumstances, but rather we get to choose how we will react to any and every situation. One of the girls brought up the verse "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." I love that verse because it reminds me to look for the purpose in whatever I am doing. I'm convinced that the more we see the purpose in things the easier it is not only to deal with them, but to move forward.

Happiness is something that sometimes must be fought for, but can make such a difference in the way we react to and handle whatever life throws at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment