Monday, August 30, 2010

A Father's Love

   I was just looking at pictures of a beautiful newborn on Facebook, and was reading a little while ago in Isaiah where God was talking to the remnant of Israel. He said, "you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
   The passage was obviously speaking about a specific period in time and to specific people but the principle remains. God is with us even in our conception. In a psalm David said, "You knit me together in my mother's womb." I read verses like these and I wonder how abortion has ever been even spoken of in our society let alone legalized. It is a terrible travesty to human life, and something that doesn't need to be passed off so lightly as a "woman's right to choose." No one else gets to choose without penalty to end a life, why should a mother?
   On the brighter side of these verses we see the love God has for each one of us. He consistently demonstrates that love for us in so many different ways. I can look at a sunset or a mountaintop and see the beauty God surrounds us with. I read His Word and can come to no other conclusion than He loves us more than we can fathom. I spend time with the family He has given me and continue to see His love. It is everywhere and abundant, and we are truly blessed. May we live a life honoring the One who loves us so, and seek the ways we can love as He loves.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment