Saturday, July 3, 2010

Serendipities of Life

I looked up the word serendipity in the dictionary and came across this definition: "an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident." The wonderful thing about living is that these desirable discoveries don't have to happen by accident. They can happen on a daily basis by choosing to find the good that can come out of every situation rather than focusing on the things that didn't go our way.

Dad has given me many things to think about over the years. I think one of my favorites is the idea that when we pray for God's will about something, and it doesn't happen how we hoped, it just means that God has something better in store for us. lol I can't tell you what a comfort that has been over the years especially with different guys I wanted to date that didn't work out. That concept applies to other areas as well, like this week with my lawn mowing business. I came to Lubbock in hopes of mowing several lawns and heading back to Happy by last night. What happened was I got rained out and am waiting around for the grass to dry out enough to mow it. Inconvenience? Yeah, kind of puts my Cloudcroft trip with the family up in the air, but it also allowed me to hang out with good friends I haven't been able to see much this summer, make a couple dresses for our craft fair coming up in July, and start a blog. Not to mention that it will probably allow the grass to grow really well for at least the rest of the month if not the summer bringing in even more business. That's what I love about being a servant of God. Even if we aren't seeing it at the time, His goodness is always there in abundance... We just have to train ourselves to look for it.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." ~Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment