Monday, July 26, 2010

May I Suggest You Stun the World

   Dad and I were watching part of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium tonight (for those who have not seen it... it's a must!), and Mahoney said to Mr. Magorium, "I'm stuck." After she explained it to him, Mr. Magorium said to her, "May I suggest you stun the world." Can you imagine taking on this attitude every time life tried to knock you down? If you did, can you imagine staying down for long?
   Something I have noticed a lot when bad things happen to people they ask "why?" But how much different would things be if we asked, "How?" "How can we use this to make us better, stronger, smarter?" "How do we use this to glorify God?"
   I see a huge difference in my life in the times I ask the question why and the times I ask the question how. Asking why usually leaves me dissatisfied with present circumstances, unless I'm asking why to understand what to do with it. Sometimes dreams don't turn out as we originally planned, or they take longer to come about. Maybe that is to test us to see how bad we really want it, or maybe it is to lead us in another direction entirely. Whatever the case, I have seen in my life if I will seek God's glory and His will first, I have never been disappointed with His answers. So when life tries to knock you down, next time, may I suggest you stun the world.

"In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:6 (RSV)

No comments:

Post a Comment