Friday, July 16, 2010

Pray Continually

   Sometimes I get going in life and things seem to be going really good. Ironically during these times I sometimes forget what got me there and stop doing what I was doing to get there. lol It's kind of like losing weight. You start losing a few pounds and think you are doing good so you start eating a desert or two more than you had been. After all "you deserve it." How often I do the same type thing with my spiritual life. Things start going good in life, and I stop praying as much or reading my Bible a little less because I can "afford" to.
   It's always interesting to me to look back at the things I have prayed for over the years, and to see the ways God has answered those prayers. He amazes me over and over by His answers. Some of the things I used to struggle with have become almost second nature after having prayed about it for a while. It's amazing how much easier things can become the more I pray about things- not necessarily overnight but with persistent prayer things seem to just fall into place. It's no wonder. We pray to the Creator of the Universe. The One who was able to align the planets and the sun perfectly so that it all works correctly and never fails. How much more can He deliver us from our simple problems that often seem so big at the time? It amazes me too that He wants us to pray to Him. He loves us dearly and wants the best for us. May we continue to strive to live our life for Him during the good times and the bad and have the perseverance not to let the so called little things slip simply because we don't "feel" like we need it at the time.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." ~2 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment