Friday, July 2, 2010

Purpose: An Intended or Desired Result

"Why?" A three year old's favorite question. They want to know everything from why the sky is blue to why a dog barks and doesn't moo to why we want them to stop asking why. It's such a simple question, but when we come across the true answer to that particular question it can be the difference between doing something out of a half-hearted attempt to igniting a passion that can fuel us to become the best that we can be.

So why a blog? I don't have a great reason really. I just have learned that I communicate best through writing, and while I am trying to work on the other aspects of communication, I'm a believer in using the strengths we have been given and working on the weaker spots until they become strong as well (usually that comes with a lot of prayer over a period of time, and then I wake up one day realizing that its not as hard as it used to be).

I called it Ramblings of a Happy girl because I have a feeling it will cover a huge range of topics anywhere from basketball, to business, to politics and probably everything in between. My hope is that in all things God can be glorified by the words that I write and the thoughts that people take with them.... Happy girl serves a dual purpose. I grew up in Happy and absolutely love that little town! I also think it is important to focus on the positives in life, and while there are many things that bring grief or disappointment in this life, there is a God who offers peace and happiness for all those willing to live life on His terms.

Something I have discovered about focusing on the purpose in any endeavor is it keeps us from dwelling on all the bad things that can pop up along the way. The more we focus on the reason we do what we do, the more we seek solutions rather than excuses, and see the blessings rather than the disappointments, and the more energy we have to accomplish what we set out to do. It's easy to say, harder to do, but like anything else it gets easier the more we do it.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
~Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment