Tuesday, March 27, 2012

90 Day Challenge

When you get to the end of your life, what do you hope to have done with it? Will it be a life you can look back on with fond memories? Something that leaves a legacy for your kids and grandkids to follow that will truly help them live life well? Or will it be a life lived for the moment, for the pleasure of right now... and not for the future, both in this life and thereafter? What do you hope to have done with your time?

The day I turned 24 I wrote a post about some of my goals for this year. Since that time I have ran 175 miles, started reading some things for the website (although I'm still unsure of the details for it), am planning on starting the 90 day challenge on April 1, and made approximately zero progress on the husband. (haha please know the husband one is/was in jest... while I'm not opposed to finding him... sometimes God's timing is different than my own, and instead of moping for him to get here, I would rather enjoy both now without him and then when he gets here.)

The one I want to focus on though is the 90 day challenge where I'm going to try to read the Bible from cover to cover in 90 days. If any of you would like to join I would love for you to! There are links at the bottom if you do.

I look back over my life and I see so many different factors in my life leading me to where I am. Granted it may not be the coolest life ever and I am still not anywhere near where I need to be, but life has been enjoyable. I think one of the main reasons is because of the direction of God's Word. His instruction truly does lead to the good in life even if sometimes He requires leaving the temporary pleasures alone... He does it for long term blessings. I'm convinced the more Christians dig into the Word the better off the world will be. It's hard to explain the peace that comes from following His commands. It truly is something that has to be experienced to truly understand. I hope you will join me for this challenge. Even if you can't do it in 90 days, set a goal to read it cover to cover. Through His word He will bless you, challenge you, sometimes make you uncomfortable because He wants to transform our lives. But the life transformed by Christ is the one legacies are made from. The ones that we can leave our baggage behind and move forward to what we were called to be.

"Turn my heart toward Your statutes and not toward selfish gain." Psalm 119:36

http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans/13-bible-in-90-days this link will take you to a website that will allow you to read it on your computer, send it to your iphone or http://www.thebrooknetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/BibleIn90Days.pdf is the schedule if you want to read it from your own Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment