Saturday, January 21, 2012

turning 24

Today I turned 24. (It's technically the day after but since I haven't gone to bed yet I feel like it still counts.) I've decided that this is my year to do great things. I'm not sure if it's because my basketball number was 24 and I have a fetish with it or if it's because this is the only time I have at the moment, but I have great plans for it.

I started 2012 with several new year's resolutions that I am hoping to actually complete. I want to run 750 miles (yes I am crazy), do the 90 day challenge of reading the Bible cover to cover in 90 days, and I want to start a pro life website that focuses on what a great gift life is both for those of us who have had a birthday and for those who would like one. I also told my sister I was going to get married this year. However single life has been a gift so if it is God's plan that I keep it for a while longer that will be a blessing too. Oh and I had a very exciting plan for about a week to go back and play college basketball before I found out my eligibility had run out. Life goes on... again.

The goals are big, and there is a high risk of failure in each one. I learned something as an accounting major though about the risk/return ratio. The higher the risk the greater the return. The lower the risk the lower the return. It's easy to look at the possibility of failure and allow the fear that things might not work out to keep us from even attempting our goals. I know I have done that on numerous occasions. And it's not that it doesn't hurt when we aren't able to complete some of our goals. Strange as it may be I really wanted to play college ball, and I was disappointed when that door closed again, but God has a way of moving us in the direction He wants us to go. I don't claim to know the exact details of how He does it, but I do know that I pray for intervention in my life and not just to make me feel better (although that is a wonderful thing that comes out of it.) So dream big. Start with this year, this very day. Pray for God's will and know that He has a plan for you even if you don't know it yet. He will reveal it in His good time, and it will be better than you ever expected.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment